As our employees and management prepared for the 2020 season, we carefully watched the progress of the COVID-19. We closely monitored recommendations for precautionary measures from the World Health Organization, Health Canada, Alberta Health and the Chief Medical Officer of Health. Given the nature of the activity of river trips in wide-open spaces, commercial river outfitter trips can be conducted with rigid protocols to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. Public health organizations acknowledge that participating in outdoor activities offers benefits to a participant’s physical, mental and emotional well-being.
Maligne Rafting Adventures is committed to the ongoing safety of our customers and employees. To reduce the risk of virus transmission, we implemented precautionary measures in all stages of our operation. To ensure the success of these measures, we rely on the full cooperation of customers and employees.
The safety measures we have implemented include:
- We monitor employees’ health.
- We enforce physical distancing.
- PPEs are used where recommended.
- We have reduced the number of touchpoints, and increased cleaning of remaining touchpoints.
- Our employees are trained on enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
- Customers and employees must adhere to our policies and procedures.
A full list of the measures we have implemented is available in the rafting buses. We hope that our environment returns to normal in the not-too-distant future, but for now, these protocols are our new normal.