Explore the spectacular scenery of Maligne Valley and enjoy a boat cruise to the iconic Spirit Island on Maligne Lake.
Maligne Valley Wildlife & Waterfalls Tour & Lakeside Hike
- Adult Ages 16+
- Child Ages 5-15 | Must be accompanied by an Adult
- Young Child Ages 0-4 | Must be accompanied by an Adult
Explore the Most Spectacular Scenery in the Canadian Rockies
Embark on a 45km breathtaking journey through some of the most spectacular scenery in Jasper National Park, showcasing the region’s vibrant wildlife, cascading waterfalls, and stunning lakes.
The tour begins with a scenic drive up the Maligne Valley, where you’ll encounter a diverse range of flora and fauna and search for abundant wildlife while our expert guides provide insight into the valley’s natural history.
En route, you’ll make a 30 minute stop at the breathtakingly beautiful Maligne Canyon, where you’ll explore two bridges and be awed by views of stunning ancient limestone and cascading waterfalls.
Then, we’ll continue the drive through sub-alpine forests to Medicine Lake, where you’ll take in the serene beauty of the expanding ranges of limestone rising out of the tranquil lake. You’ll also learn about the fascinating geological history of the area.
As we depart Medicine Lake, the surrounding forest is prime habitat for an array of iconic Canadian wildlife, including moose, bears and bald eagles. Keep your eyes peeled and your camera ready, as you never know what majestic creatures you might encounter.
Arriving at the world-renowned Maligne Lake, you’ll take in beautiful lakeshore vistas on a 2 to 3km interpretive nature walk. Follow the easy-grade trail loop back into the forested surrounds while your guide shares intriguing ecological facts and may even spot some elusive resident wildlife.
After your hike, you can enjoy your own packed lunch or purchase a delicious grab-and-go lunch from the Maligne Lakehouse restaurant (additional expense) before we depart back to Jasper.
Join us on this unforgettable tour and immerse yourself in the breathtaking natural beauty of the Maligne Valley.
Please note: Wildlife sightings on this tour are frequent but not guaranteed as we are trying to view these animals in their natural habitat.
What You Need to Know
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Travel is by comfortable 24-seat minibus. However, as mountain weather can be unpredictable, participants should bring a rain jacket or umbrella and warm clothing to wear during the outdoor/walking portions of the trip in case of inclement weather.
- We have a short break for lunch at Maligne Lake. There is the chance to purchase lunch at the Maligne Lakehouse restaurant, although during peak season (July-August) there can often belong lines. To avoid waiting in line, you may wish to bring your own lunch.
- We recommend bringing a small bottle of water.
- This tour operates in all weather conditions.
Complimentary pick-up is available from selected accommodations within the Jasper Area. If your hotel is not listed below, please choose the central meeting location.
Please refer to this list of accommodations which outlines the locations available for pick-up and their relevant pick-up times.